"Started in 1936 by local fishermen who liked to race their boats."
You don’t need to own a boat or be an active sailor to join and novices and social members are welcome, as are families.
- Sail Taster Days - to experience sailing with all you need to have a go
- Sailing instruction in Club Dinghies - Wayfarer or 9 other single or double handed dinghies
- Ongoing Training - qualified instructors for Sailing and Power Boats
- Also offer the opportunity for disabled people to take up sailing, our newly updated & refurbished clubhouse is fully wheelchair friendly
Sailing Taster Days
Morecambe Sailing Club members are trying to encourage more people to get out sailing on Morecambe Bay by holding “Have a Go” Sailing Taster Days.
All equipment is provided just have some trainers that can get wet. You will have the opportunity to crew and to “steer” a dinghy and a ride in a power boat!
Licensed bar and Available to hire for functions and events.
- Family parties
- Small business meeting
- Charity events.
- Non-member rate is £70 per day and £35 per part day
The club enjoys a close working relationship with Bay Sea Shool and Lunesdale Sub Aqua Club 138 whose members utilise the clubhouse for their meetings, are automatically social members of the club and we share many social events.